Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mac OS X iSync plugin for Nokia 3120 Classic

My iPhone 3GS broke down and I got handed a Nokia 3120 classic as a temporary replacement phone. When i opened the phonebook my lovely iPhone had stored all contacts using phonenumber as name. What to do?

Luckily all my contacts was stored in the Mac's adressbook! I fired up iSync, but the phone was'nt recognized. A quick gooogle led me to nokias web where iSync plugins could be downloaded :) At last I thought. After a few minutes a realized that only the more expensive phones have iSync plugins..

A new google led me to this brilliant blog, but it didn't work and the blog has been closed.
The plugins on that blog probably didn't work because run snow leopard and the latest iSync.

So I put together my own plugin using the nokia 6130 as template, and it worked!

Instructions:
1. Download the plugin from here.
2. Unzip the file and you will have a plugin called Nokia-3120c.phoneplugin
3. In finder, open up your applications folder
4. Right click iSync and select show package contents
5. Open the folder Contents->Plugins->ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice->Contents->Plugins
6. Drag the file Nokia-3120c.phoneplugin to this folder, you may have to enter your password

Restart iSync and you are good to go, remember this only works using bluetooth, not the usb cable.

Good luck!
/ Jonas

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this. I've downloaded but have yet to test but it seems to recognize the phone.

- Mike

mikmatik said...

sweet! it works like a charm.
thx a lot

Guido said...

Testing this tonight, if it works you are a hero.

CICLODOS said...

Hey Jonas. Do you still have the plugin for isync nokia 3120. I super chek the web but they delet the file.
Thank you so much... my mail for the file sending ciclodos@gmail.com

Thank you again...

Congrat for you blog!! :)